Skip to main content

PLANNING WITH THE LORD February 5, 2018

Hey Everyone!! 

I have learned so much this week! Especially how to plan with the Lord. We set our goals this week to hit standard and find 7 new investigators, have 2 investigators on date, and have at least 4 at church. It was AMAZING! I have never prayed so hard and trusted in the Lord so much to help us find people and to reach our goals. We really focused on the people that we felt and prayed for to determine who was ready to set a baptismal date. We were able to set a date with our investigator that Sister Robinette actually taught a year ago. Then, yesterday was really the trial of our faith, because in the morning we got two calls from investigators who said they were sick and wouldn't make it to church. We were sad to hear that, but we knew the Lord would help us have someone there. Then right before the meeting started three investigators walked in and there were already two sitting down and it was a miracle! I was so full of gratitude so I went and shared my testimony about the importance of planning with the Lord. The rest of yesterday we had to find two more investigators and set a baptismal date with one other person. We went through the area book and found some potentials and decided to go visit them. As we did that we were able to find two new investigators who were ready to hear the gospel. After that we were able to set a date with our investigator that we had been thinking about. He said that he had fasted today and we were the answer to his prayer. It was so amazing. Then we tried one more potential investigator and met him and his wife who both have so many questions. It was so cool! We were able to have 2 people with a baptismal date, 5 investigators at church, and 9 new investigators. It was so great seeing how planning with the Lord helped us have a strong desire to really go out and find those who are looking for the truth. I am so grateful for this wonderful experience this week and I hope to always focus on planning with the Lord throughout the rest of my mission and life. After I bore my testimony a member got up to share hers and she talked about how we not only need to plan with the Lord on missions, but in life! With everything we do, are we praying for help and guidance? Do the things we do go along with the Lord's plan for us? Are we setting goals and striving to reach them? This gave me a lot of thought and I want to be able to say that I plan with the Lord for everything. If we have this desire, if we tell Him the things we want to do, He will then help us accomplish them. He wants to work with us and we need to tell Him and trust in Him. I love this so much! I love that we have the ability to plan with the Lord. 

Another cool thing that happened this week was we got smartphones!! We are moving up in the world! haha they haven't been activated yet, but right now they are like mini tablets. It's so nice being able to pull up videos on the phone and also being able to use LDS tools and Gospel Library. I am so excited that we get to use this for missionary purposes! It'll be great to see what we do next with them. 

This week has been amazing and I hope it has been great for you as well! I love and miss you all! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I love hearing from you! I hope this week is wonderful for you! :) 

Love, Sister Burton 



One of the advantages of have smartphones is we get to take lots of selfies now! haha :) 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random text... August 24, 2018

A picture was sent to me of Mariah and her companion at the Institute. I love getting random pics from members and friends in Arkansas..

OKLAHOMA ADVENTURES November 27, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving on Thursday ! My companion and I were nicely fed by our new Bishop and his family. It was so nice! It's been an adventure shotgunning this area with two new missionaries. The area is huge here, but the members are few. Also, we don't have a car yet and we aren't sure if we will get one and my bike is in Bentonville sadly so we will have to wait till the end of this week to get that. So right now we are walking! It's been fun though, because we've been able to talk to more people that way. However we can only walk around Miami and it's a lot of walking haha but I love being here! :)  My companion is Sister Knight and she's from South Ogden Utah and has been out 6 Months. She has been in three areas as well and we get along great! We've been really working hard to get to know all the members and get to know the area since we are both new and there haven't been missionaries since J...

October 16, 2017 SPRINGFIELD YSA, WOOT WOOT!

Hey Y'all!  This week has been so good! It's also been so crazy because of transfers, but I did it! I made it safely to Springfield Missouri with my new companion Sister Sanders. It's been so much fun! I got here  on Thursday  after saying all my goodbyes to the wonderful people of Sugar Creek. Then I went straight to a lesson. The work here is going amazing and there are lots of people to teach! I love it! :)  It is definitely a change coming from a family ward to YSA, but it's so much fun! The ward is a blast and everyone is so willing to help us with missionary work. Something fun about our area is we are right across the street from Missouri State University's campus so we spend a lot of time talking to the students there which is awesome. I haven't had too much experience yet, just because they were all on fall break this last weekend, but I am excited to see it when there's a lot more people!  We did service this week at Well of Life which ...