Skip to main content

October 16, 2017 SPRINGFIELD YSA, WOOT WOOT!

Hey Y'all! 

This week has been so good! It's also been so crazy because of transfers, but I did it! I made it safely to Springfield Missouri with my new companion Sister Sanders. It's been so much fun! I got here on Thursday after saying all my goodbyes to the wonderful people of Sugar Creek. Then I went straight to a lesson. The work here is going amazing and there are lots of people to teach! I love it! :) 

It is definitely a change coming from a family ward to YSA, but it's so much fun! The ward is a blast and everyone is so willing to help us with missionary work. Something fun about our area is we are right across the street from Missouri State University's campus so we spend a lot of time talking to the students there which is awesome. I haven't had too much experience yet, just because they were all on fall break this last weekend, but I am excited to see it when there's a lot more people! 

We did service this week at Well of Life which is where people donate food and those who don't have much come and we help them get some groceries and food for the week. It was so much fun helping others and being a part of such a loving community. I love service! (In case you can't tell ;)) 

A cool story that happened this week is we were teaching an investigator and he wasn't sure when he wanted his baptism date yet, but he had set one before I got here. Once we were done with the lesson he said, can I talk to you about my baptism date? And we were like oh no, hopefully he doesn't have second thoughts or wants to push it back again... but instead he said, can it be sooner?? It was so cool! He felt the Spirit and knew that he needed to be baptized sooner, so it's happening and I am so excited for him. Also, we had a long list of potentials and while weekly planning we texted a lot of them who mostly just had a quick interaction with the missionaries and some of them responded back and set up an appointment! It was just amazing to see all the miracles of the people in this area. I am so happy we are going to teach so many people about the Restored Gospel. It's such an exciting experience bringing others closer to Christ. 

Cool facts about my new companion Sister Sanders: She has served in this area almost 9 months! She knows the people here and it's awesome! She's from Hiko, Nevada (near Las Vegas) she also graduated from BYU Idaho and loves serving the people here. She also only has like 11 weeks left on her mission. I am so excited to learn from her! 

I am so happy to be in this area and can't wait for the many adventures and lessons to come. I honestly am doing really well and I love reading all the emails you send me! I hope I can email you all back as soon as possible! Thank you all so much for the love and support! I love and miss you all! :) 

Love, Sister Burton

Also, if you can't see the pictures, you can go to my blog that my amazing mom has started. 


My new address is : 528 East Harrison Apt. #7 

I'd love to get any letters or postcards from you all! It's seriously like Christmas :)  



Dan and Tammy our investigators in sugar creek went to church! This made me so happy!  Dan lost a bet with Sister Tillotson and had to go to church and this was the proof. :) 


​Last day with Sister T! 


Sister Sanders and I exploring dowtown and Missouri State University. Also, we went and got crepes at this adorable crepe place this morning called Aviary. Delicious Pumpkin crepes! :) 











​I got to see Sister McNeil again!! ( My MTC comp) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool