Skip to main content

WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?? June 4, 2018

Hey Y'all!! 

This week was a great week! We got an odd job this week to take pictures of a family making spaghetti for a family history booth in Bentonville by our Mission President's wife. Sister Wamsley (my companion) was a wedding photographer before the mission so she did that and it was super fun! It was with a cute 3 year old and his mom. There are so many things I've done as a missionary that I never thought I would, but I love it! I love being able to help serve where I can. We visited a member who hadn't been to church in a while and she let us do her dishes for her, it was wonderful! Then, she came to church yesterday! It was so great! 

We taught another less active this week the Plan of Salvation and it was so amazing! We had one of the youth girls come out with us and she was so great. It was such a testimony builder to me, which it usually is every time I teach because as I am testifying I feel that I KNOW this is true. There's no way I can deny the Spirit that I feel as I teach the gospel. I loved how this woman felt as well as she was listening and discussing it with us. You could tell she knew it was true as well and couldn't deny it. It's amazing how the Spirit works with each of us and how we can receive those answers we desire as we pray, study, and testify of the things we learn. Ahh! I love this gospel so much!
 
Yesterday I was reading Elder Larry Y Wilson's talk again where he talks about Ensign Blairs experience and I just LOVE this! I have really been able to see a change in the things I do when throughout the day what's on my mind is, what can I do to help? I pray each morning to be able to recognize those moments of when I can do something and then each night I pray to tell Heavenly Father what I did. I know this has helped me to turn out like the Savior, rather than turning in like the natural man. I have felt so much more love for missionary work and the people in this area as I've been able to go outside myself and do what I can to help. 

Thank you for all your love and prayers!! :) I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
-- 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool