Skip to main content

AND SHE'S OFF TO MIAMI OKLAHOMA! ( Miam-a) November 20, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I can't believe it's already Thanksgiving! Thank you so much everyone for all the wonderful emails and letters you send me! It really makes my day, I love it! This week has been so crazy, but so much fun! We had two exchanges with some other sisters in the mission and so there were four sisters in our area for two days so it was a blast! haha we had fun, because at the end of each exchange it's a tradition to get ice cream, so we got lots of ice cream. :)

We had a lot of miracles happen this week, the first one is this girl named Leah. She is AMAZING! She saw us at the table we have on campus one day and came up to us saying she was a Mormon so we invited her to all the activities and she started to come. We just thought she was a less active, but turns out she has never been baptized, but she wants to be! It was so cool talking to her and hearing her testimony. She has set the date for December and it's just so awesome! She grew up with her mom investigating the church but her dad was Catholic. But then she ran into us and took it as a sign that she needed to be baptized now. AMAZING! 
Another miracle was at the beginning of the transfer one of the investigators dropped us, which was super sad, but she came to one of the relief society activities and has now set up times to meet with us to prepare her for baptism again. It's so cool! I love this work so much! 
Also, we had an amazing opportunity to go serve the homeless food at the Episcopal church and it was such a blessing being able to help them and be a part of the community. The Spirit was so strong and I loved it. 

Another thing that happened this week was transfer calls!! Looks like I am headed to Miama Oklahoma! I'm sad to say goodbye to everyone here, but the Lord wants me in Oklahoma so I'm excited about that. I'm going to be shotgunning in (my companion and I will both be new to the area) which will be so fun! :) I do not have an address yet, but you can still send things to the mission office and it will be forwarded to me. 

Oh boy, funny story. So I was asked to give a talk for next Sunday, but then transfer calls happened Saturday night and so I thought I wasn't going to have to speak, yay! Jokes, because then we got a call Sunday morning before 10 am church asking if I could give my talk then instead. I had to quickly write my talk before church which was an adventure but it all worked out in the end except while giving the talk I was quoting Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, but when I said her name I said Sister Bonnie L. Arkansas. It was so funny! It took me a minute to realize what I said, but it got everyone to laugh so that's good. :) 

Also, last night was the face to face with Elder Ballard and Elder Oaks for the Young Single Adults and since we are serving in the YSA we got to go watch it with them and it was sooo good!! They answered so many questions in the best way, I loved it! One of the things I loved that Elder Ballard said was something like this, "Just like breakfast, lunch, and dinner, we should come up to the table at least 3 times a day for our spiritual feeding as well." It's so true though! We should be feeding ourselves just as much spiritually if not more as well as physically. Another thing they said is that the most important label that we can carry with us is I AM A CHILD OF GOD. I LOVE this, because we are all God's children and that is the most important label we can have. It's so great! I encourage all of you to go watch the broadcast, even though it was directed to the young single adults, there are still many things that apply to everyone. :) 

I hope all of Y'all have an amazing Thanksgiving week! Don't forget to wear your sweatpants! Thank you so much for all the love and support you give me! I really am so thankful for all of you :) 

Love, Sister Burton 


I promise I will send more pictures next week! Sorry, It's still a struggle getting all the pictures downloaded and what not, but I hope these are good! :)

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool