Skip to main content

How Can I Walk With Christ? November 6, 2017

HEY FRIENDS!! 

How is everyone doing?? This week has been so good here in Springfield Missouri! I hope the same for all of you! We started the week off with Halloween which was fun, we got to spend time with the members at Institute (Bible study class). Then we had exchanges with the sisters serving in Camdenton Missouri. It's fun because one of them just came out so I am no longer the greenest greenie out here anymore :)


One amazing that has happened this week is we had the Regional Broadcast yesterday! It was soo good! They talked a lot about missionary work and how can we go out and help serve others, I loved it. I loved how they all mentioned asking how can we serve in different ways. The one that stood out to me was "Lord, what wilt though have me to do?" I love this because it shows our willingness to do whatever the Lord would have us do and shows that we love and trust Him. One of the things we've been talking about this week is preparing for Christmas and the #Lighttheworld initiative which goes perfect with the inspiration we were just given to go out and serve others, because that's what Light the World is all about! I hope all of you are planning to do that this year, because I know it will be a huge blessing in your life and also in the lives of those you serve. It will also bring not only those you serve closer to Christ, but you as well :) 
Another thing that was talked about by Elder D. Todd Christofferson was to be diligent where you are with what you have. We are all in different places with different things, but we can all be diligent in what we do and we can help others by reaching out and standing firm in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love that this is how we got to start off our week, focusing on others :) 


I'm sorry I don't have much time to email, but I hope you all know that I love and appreciate you all so much! I am so grateful for the love and support that you have all given me and I hope I can help return some of that love by sharing the miracles and experiences that I have been able to have on my mission. I am so happy to be able to be a missionary representing the Savior and helping others find out how they can walk with Christ. I know that as we apply the things that we have been taught and as we focus on serving others we can help them be on that path walking with Christ. I love this gospel and I love Missouri! I am a very happy missionary, I promise :) 

I hope you all have an amazing week! I love and miss you all! :) 

Love, Sister Burton 

I promise more pictures next week! 


Mom sent me cute Halloween socks and pez, but it was also time to pull out the hot chocolate ;)


We attempted making a flower :) 


​It's fall!! The leaves are changing and it's beautiful! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool