Skip to main content

PREPARING IS KEY April 30, 2018

Hi friends and family!! 

Sorry this is going to be a short email this week, but I had a great week! Sister Najera and I are working hard to find people to teach and it's been really good! We are trying to put ourselves out there more and share the good news! :)

I learned a lot about being prepared this week. We had a couple experiences this week where I thought we were just going to have a short visit, but we ended up teaching a whole lesson. It was amazing to me to think that if I hadn't studied those lessons and had scriptures memorized to use, I wouldn't have been able to teach on the spot like that. This was spiritual for me, because it made me want to be even more prepared. More prepared with impactful questions and statements, because you never know 100% what you are going to teach. But if you know the doctrine and you have studied, you will be prepared to share the message of the restored gospel. This made me think about the promise in Doctrine in Covenants 84:85, "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man." As we continue to study the scriptures and the words of the Prophet, the Spirit will help us remember those things in the moment when we are sharing a message with someone. My testimony of this has truly grown this week and it definitely makes me want to study more so that I will be prepared for future lessons. 

Do you have any tips or advice to studying? I'd love to hear what you do to get more out of your studies! 
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thank you for all your support! :)
 
Love, Sister Burton 








​We signed a rock. Pretty cool. 


​Sister Robinson moved on Saturday :( So sad, but happy she'll be over in Idaho



​We had a Mural festival this week where artists came and did paintings on the sides of the buildings on Main street. It was so fun! We got to talk to lots of people there! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random text... August 24, 2018

A picture was sent to me of Mariah and her companion at the Institute. I love getting random pics from members and friends in Arkansas..

October 16, 2017 SPRINGFIELD YSA, WOOT WOOT!

Hey Y'all!  This week has been so good! It's also been so crazy because of transfers, but I did it! I made it safely to Springfield Missouri with my new companion Sister Sanders. It's been so much fun! I got here  on Thursday  after saying all my goodbyes to the wonderful people of Sugar Creek. Then I went straight to a lesson. The work here is going amazing and there are lots of people to teach! I love it! :)  It is definitely a change coming from a family ward to YSA, but it's so much fun! The ward is a blast and everyone is so willing to help us with missionary work. Something fun about our area is we are right across the street from Missouri State University's campus so we spend a lot of time talking to the students there which is awesome. I haven't had too much experience yet, just because they were all on fall break this last weekend, but I am excited to see it when there's a lot more people!  We did service this week at Well of Life which ...

OKLAHOMA ADVENTURES November 27, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving on Thursday ! My companion and I were nicely fed by our new Bishop and his family. It was so nice! It's been an adventure shotgunning this area with two new missionaries. The area is huge here, but the members are few. Also, we don't have a car yet and we aren't sure if we will get one and my bike is in Bentonville sadly so we will have to wait till the end of this week to get that. So right now we are walking! It's been fun though, because we've been able to talk to more people that way. However we can only walk around Miami and it's a lot of walking haha but I love being here! :)  My companion is Sister Knight and she's from South Ogden Utah and has been out 6 Months. She has been in three areas as well and we get along great! We've been really working hard to get to know all the members and get to know the area since we are both new and there haven't been missionaries since J...