Skip to main content

I LOVE THE SABBATH DAY!! August 6, 2017

If you were to ask me what my favorite day of the week was I think I'd have to say SUNDAY! So many amazing things happen on Sunday and we get to go to church and partake of the sacrament. It's seriously the best day ever :) 

Yesterday we had some amazing things happen at church. We got a referral Saturday for a 16 year old boy named Fernando (name has been changed by S.Rosenberg)  and he was so excited to meet us and come to church. So we got him a ride and he came! It was our first time meeting him and at first he was very shy and a little uncomfortable being somewhere he had never been before, but throughout church his mind changed. Our testimony meeting was so wonderful! There were many testimonies given on the power of prayer and acting on promptings. He said after that, that this was going to be his church and he felt like he was home. He even brought up being baptized! It was such a tender experience to see how when people come to church, they feel the Spirit and the Spirit testifies about the truth that this is Jesus Christ's church restored on the earth again. We also had members who hadn't been coming for a long time come and receive a calling! It was so great! I loved being able to see how this ward has grown so much in the past couple months. It was really a testimony builder for me that this IS Christ's church. and it IS the same all around the world. I know I talked about this before, but it's amazing to see how the church truly is the same all over the world. We talked about it yesterday in Relief Society and I kept thinking about how Fernando said he felt at home after coming to church and that's exactly how I feel. Even though I know I am miles away from home, I know that going to church will be the same no matter where I am. It brings me so much peace and comfort to know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 
Jesus Christ's doctrine is never changing and because people are accepting and acting on it, miracles are happening. I love it! 

Something funny.. A member kept asking us where we lived and we were like, uh...why? and she wouldn't tell us. So yesterday we went with a different member to take one of the people we are teaching home and as we came back to the church to get our car we caught her putting sticky notes all over it and trying to leave us a little gift basket thing. It was so funny! The member driving honked at her and she's all "DANG IT!" It was hilarious!! 

I love the people in this area!! I am so grateful for all of your prayers!! I hope you all have a SOOOOIIIEET week! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

How Can We Represent the Savior? October 30, 2017

Hello Friends and Family!  How is everyone doing?? So many wonderful things are happening here in Springfield Missouri, I hope the same for everyone back home :)  Soo many miracles, I don't even know where to start! haha but first off, we had zone conference this week which was awesome! Our mission president and his wife talked about how we can represent the Savior and share the gospel with everyone. I loved this and one thing I took away was to always have something to share with someone. Especially being near a college campus, we see people all the time so I am going to work on always having a doctrine of Christ or spiritual message to share with all those we talk to. I'm excited about this :)   Another amazing thing that happened this week was Payton, the member in our ward who reached out to sister and set up an appointment for us to meet with her, well we got to meet her! Her name is Sasha and she is so cool! She has been reading from the Book of Mormon and has so