Skip to main content

SEEK HIS LIGHT, SHARE HIS LIGHT! September 24, 2018

Yesterday, we had a special conference and Elder Carl B. Cook of the seventy came!! It was AMAZING!! Also, super cool because it was a multi stake conference and the stake I started my mission was a part of it so I got to see some of the people from my first area! So great!! 
There were so many things said that I absolutely loved! But one thing that really stood out to me was the "seek His light, share His light." The first speaker said this and then it continued as a theme throughout the rest of the talks. The second speaker talked about how we should recognize the love from our Heavenly Father, and then go out and share that love with others! If we truly want to follow the Savior's example, then we have to be willing to do the things the Savior did. The third speaker talked about seeing others as God sees us. He asked the question, "How can we see others as God sees us?" He mentioned 2 steps, 1-We need to recognize that we are all sinners as well, No one is perfect. 2-We must forgive. God doesn't condone sin & neither should we. I loved this because it's true. We are not the ones to judge others, that is not our place, but we can love them. Moroni 7 talks about how we can be filled with His love. We can strive to share that love with others. Then my stake President spoke about agency. We each have the choice to CHOOSE to live the commandments and then ACT for ourselves. He told a story about someone who asked him why he lives the Word of Wisdom when it restricts him from other things. He said it does, but if I don't have any restrictions, I'd be living a life I don't want to live. I loved this!! The commandments aren't here to hold us down, but the guide us towards the Savior, they restrict us from the things of the world so that we can become closer to our Jesus Christ. Then he said "In this church we don't do it our way, we do it the Lord's way." THIS IS SO TRUE!! We don't get everything we want or have the opportunity to do whatever we want in the church, because it's not about us. We do things the way the Savior would have us do them. We follow His example. Then, Elder Cook tied it all together by talking about how as we live the gospel of Jesus Christ, it may be hard, but the right decision is usually the hardest. He talked about John 14 and how Heavenly Father won't leave us comfortless. Like Joseph Smith. He didn't take away Josephs pain, but he gave him peace and comfort and promised him blessings if he would endure it well. He also said that peace and JOY are gifts to those who are faithful and who are intentionally striving to live like Christ. It's a GIFT given to those who are trying. I love this so much! It was such an amazing conference and I hope you can get something out of what I wrote. I'm sorry, I know it's a lot. But know that is was something that I needed to hear that day and so did someone we are teaching who is working so hard. He is TRYING and I know that he will be able to experience that peace and joy as he continues following Jesus Christ. 

I am so incredibly grateful for the leaders in the church and the inspiration they receive for those under their leadership. I AM SO EXCITED FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE! It's going to be amazing to hear from the Prophet and Apostles! I've learned that you should always go with a question. I went to stake conference yesterday with a question about is what I am doing right at this time? the answer I got was yes, and that as I seek His light, I should share His light. As I continue to do this and try to be like Jesus Christ I will be blessed with peace and Joy. It's amazing!! 

It was a very great week! I am learning so much and my testimony is growing so strong. I know that this is Jesus Christ's church on the earth and that as we follow His example, we will become closer to our Heavenly Father. So many wonderful things are happening! I invite you to write down any questions you have and listen for the answers at General Conference, if you have a sincere desire and real intent, your questions will be answered. 

Thank you so much for your love and support!! I love and miss y'all!! :) 

-- 
Love, Sister Burton

302 S Mock St. Apt #A4
Prairie Grove, AR
72753





this is someone we are teaching-she's a realtor! so cool! haha 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag