Skip to main content

October 2, 2017

Hey Y'all!! 

This week was sooo good!! There are so many things that happened I don't know where to start. Last week on Pday we went to the Walmart Museum which was really cool! It was fun learning about the history, plus the best part was the ice cream at the end haha :) Then on Tuesday we went on exchanges and I went with Sister Buttars who is super funny and it was cool seeing her area of the mission. Funny story: One night this week we had dinner with a family and they didn't have dessert which we thought was great because we get fed so much. Then we went walking in a neighborhood visiting some members and we stopped at three houses. All three said, would you like a cookie?? So we had lots of cookies haha it was fun though. One of those houses was our mission president, because they are in our ward so that was fun :) Thursday we went to the mission office and got a Tiwi.. it's the thing that monitors our cars and ours has been broken until now. It took some getting used to when he would suddenly talk and say, "check your speed." but it's been good. Also at the mission office I ordered a pocket name tag, well it came, but instead of Sister it said Elder. It was so funny! The cute senior missionary that ordered it felt so bad, but I was like it's okay! It was cute, now she's ordering a new one though that says Sister Burton :) Another fun thing that happened was we were fed two dinners one night, which was rough, but then we went running that night. While we were running we saw something in the middle of the road so I shined my flashlight on it and it was an armadillo!! It freaked out and started running, it was so funny watching it run so fast haha, good times. 

Most importantly, General Conference happened this weekend!! Did everyone watch it?? It was so amazing! I loved all the talks that were given! One thing I really liked was how a lot of them mentioned Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." It was so cool that so many of them brought that up. It shows how important our trust in the Lord is. I loved the theme of service and turning out instead of in during this conference. I also noticed there was a theme that now is the time to prepare ourselves to meet God. I loved how they expressed this. A question that Bonnie L. Oscarson said was, "Who needs me today?" I love this not only because it relates to missionary work, but because it helps us become more like Christ as we look for ways that we can help others and show them we care. There are so many more things I would love to talk about, but sadly there isn't enough time. However, I do encourage you all to read or listen to conference either for the first time or again and find something that you can apply this week to help strengthen your testimony. Just like Elder W. Craig Zwick said about Beau, set an alarm that says, "Remember to put Jesus Christ at the center of your life today." My companion's little sister was friends with him, so this talk really stood out to us. What an amazing example he was for his friends and family. I really loved hearing that. I really hope you were all able to take something away from General Conference. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to hear from our Prophet and Apostles twice a year and to be able to learn from them. I hope you all get the chance to hear it. :) 

This week has been so great for me in learning more about how my Heavenly Father loves me. I feel that I have learned so much and it really inspired me to be a better missionary and person overall. I hope you all have an amazing week and look for ways you've seen the Lord's hand in your life. I promise that He is there and He knows and loves you very much. I have a strong testimony of this gospel and I know that as we strive to follow the guidance of our Prophet and Apostles we will be able to become closer to Jesus Christ. I love and miss you all so much! :) 

Love, Sister Burton

Cute old car in the museum!


Walmart museum ice crem


Front of the museum and Walton's.


We saw a junkyard for the first time... that was freaky! It looks like a giant pile of hair. 


Sister T found a frog while we were doing yard work haha


​"driving" a convertible (It is a lady in our wards and she took us to dinner in it.) 


One of these isn't right...


Beautiful sunset last night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool