Skip to main content

SERVE HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART, MIGHT, MIND, AND STRENGTH April 9, 2018

What a wonderful week!! 

We had a really great week full of learning and growing. We had interviews with our mission president and that was really good! We watched the last four minutes of the Restoration and while we watched it we were all invited to think about what the Restoration means to us. Then we went around the room and shared our thoughts with everyone. It was amazing what everyone said! One that really stood out to me was two of the sisters said to them, it meant Clarity. I really liked this because the Restoration gives us clarity in God's plan and love for each of His children. I invite all of you to watch the last four minutes of the Restoration and ponder what it means to you. Then maybe share it with someone or me :) I know that we have been blessed with the Restoration and because we have the Book of Mormon, we are able to fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. How lucky are we to be on the earth at this time! 

 Another spiritual experience I had this week was, last Monday I fasted for guidance to be a more consecrated missionary. Throughout the day what kept coming to my mind was "serve Him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength." I felt that this was my answer to stay focused by continuing to remind myself of my desires to serve God and focus on my purpose. Then, later in the week we had the traveling sisters with us for a couple days and having them here opened my mind to many new things for this area. I had the chance to evaluate what I was doing in this area and how I can improve. It is always so great having another perspective in the area to remind me that there are many different things we can do to teach and find. They were also wonderful examples to me of serving with all their heart, might, mind, and strength. I felt a new commitment to serve the Lord this week and I know that as I stay focused that He will help me become a more consecrated missionary. This was such a spiritual experience for me and I know that this will help me so much during the rest of my mission. 

I am so thankful for all of your love and support!! I am having such a wonderful time out here on my mission! I hope you all have a fantastic week and remember how much Heavenly Father loves you. 

I love and miss y'all! 
Love, Sister Burton 

Funny Story: Sister Najera and I had just said our prayer for the night and she got up to go to the bathroom. Then when she came back she had to walk by my bed to get to hers so I jumped out and screamed and I got her so good! She screamed too and boy, it was so funny! I couldn't pass up the opportunity haha. oh man, it just reminded me of when I would scare Jalyn back home. Anyways, that was something funny, don't worry, she still likes me! haha 



​These are the traveling Sisters this transfer! So fun being with them! 




​I looked out the window and what did I see?? SNOW! hah! :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pictures from Mariah! August 13, 2018

I have no descriptions for any of these pictures but it sure is fun to see her cute face. She looks happy and healthy and that's most important to me! Love this girl of mine. 

FIREFLIES AND RAIN! May 29, 2018

Hello friends and family!!  This week was so good! We had a lot of fun and visited a LOT of people! It was fantastic! The members here are so good to us and really do want to help, so we are working hard with them to help them become even greater missionaries :) It rained a lot at the beginning of the week, but it was fun knocking on peoples door in the rain. We got into a couple houses because of it :) At night the fireflies all come out and it is so AMAZING! There are lots of fields here that are just full of them and it is so cool to see at night. Fun story, so today we got to do a little photo shoot with one our members and her 3 year old son. It was so much fun! Sister Wamsley was a wedding photographer before the mission so she has skills to do it. We took pictures of them making/eating spaghetti and cutting cabbage. It was cute. We were asked to do it for our Mission Presidents wife to use for the family history booth they have in Bentonville. It was really cool

BLESSINGS January 7, 2019

This week was so good and full of blessings! It started with New years eve at Bob and Wanda's. We went and they had all kinds of party toys to celebrate the new year. There were lots of people and as we were sitting there talking with our recent convert and his family (people we are trying to teach) and then these people behind saw us and talked to us for a minute and then later that night they gave us their phone number and addresses and told us to stop by soon. It was amazing!  Tuesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife and it was wonderful. It's so good being able to talk to them. We can tell how much they truly love and care about us which is super good. That night we had our big group lesson and we were on exchanges so I took our greenie that's down here and it was such a great lesson! At first, it was crazy and chaotic. There were so many people and lots of different t conversations at once. But after we said we would like to share a messag